The goal of efficiency is more slack.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Upgrading X11 Server on Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard

Before:
After:
Some programs found in the MacPorts repository use X. If you followed the default directions on the site as I did and decided to use Apple's X instead of MacPort's, your X is outdated and may cause some problems on those MacPorts installed apps. I got the upgrade in an easy-to-use installer by going to http://xquartz.macosforge.org/, clicking on Latest Release, and downloading the dmg (X11-2.5.0.dmg at the time of this writing).

Be warned that an Apple update will clobber this install. Therefore, you should get the latest X from http://xquartz.macosforge.org/ and install it after an Apple update.

git


My gitk (which uses X) stopped working after the update. I'm not sure if it was the update as I forgot if I ever ran it successfully before the update. Fix: I simply went to the git-osx-installer site on Google Code and downloaded the latest installer under Featured downloads on the sidebar.

0 comments:

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Text Widget

Pages

Powered by Blogger.
Scroll To Top